ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Gwinnett Chamber Foundation (“GCF”) is a tax-exempt affiliate of the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce dedicated to strengthening the Greater Gwinnett small business community for long-term economic prosperity. Its mission is to advance equitable and inclusive business opportunities for underserved businesses by reducing and/or removing financial barriers, providing technical assistance, offering educational opportunities, addressing skills gaps, and expanding business networks for qualified participants to grow and scale their operations. GCF seeks to empower its clients without diluting Gwinnett Chamber member or Partnership Gwinnett investor value.
GCF will accomplish these objectives through a variety of strategies:
• Providing grants to businesses for technical assistance, education, and/or training
• Creating funding programs for business management and leadership development
• Developing succession-plan grants to position family-owned businesses for longevity
• Offering grants to underserved businesses for Gwinnett Chamber membership
• Initiating opportunities for businesses to serve on the Board of Directors at the Gwinnett Chamber
• Serving as a steward of financial resources for the benefit of Partnership Gwinnett
The Director of Business Development is responsible for executing the organization’s core objectives. This position will develop, implement, and manage strategies that increase the support for the Gwinnett Chamber Foundation, promote diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the business community, foster sustainable best practices within the small business industry, and cultivate long-term relationships with all donors.
This role requires an ability to develop fundraising and business development budgets, manage these financials, and prepare funding proposals and reports for the organization’s investors. It will oversee the conceptualization, organization, and implementation of the Foundation’s annual fundraising campaign which includes the ability to create programs, establish the marketing and communications plan, and implement other creative strategies to meet annual goals.
The Director of Business Development is also responsible for grant strategy, forecasting, and management and will be expected to coordinate special campaigns, manage donor databases, and assist all publicity and marketing efforts. The selected candidate works closely with the Chamber President & CEO, and the executive team, to ensure revenue generation is keeping pace with programmatic, capital, and operating needs.
Target Markets for Fundraising
To support and advance the rich diversity of Gwinnett’s small businesses, the Director of Business Development will identify and cultivate relationships with a variety of prospective donors and funding sources including, but not limited to, the following:
• Corporate foundations
• Local businesses and corporations
• Community leaders and philanthropists
• Members of the chamber of commerce
• Established local non-profit organizations
• High net-worth individuals in the community
• Professionals and executives in the community
• Civic organizations and clubs
• Religious institutions in Gwinnett County
Development and Campaign Responsibilities
• Develop, implement, and manage annual fundraising strategies and campaigns
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and prospective donors and funders
• Support CEO’s ability to cultivate and solicit major donors
• Secure financial support from individuals, major donors, foundations, corporations, and government sources
• Conduct research to expand and diversify donor base/pipeline
• Work closely with the leadership team to build an organization-wide fundraising culture
• Manage fundraising events and solicitations
• Manage capital campaigns, including engaging and overseeing Propel Center capital campaign firms, as necessary
• Maintain an annual calendar of current and prospective supporter engagement “touch points” and oversee their execution
Planning, Writing, and Reporting
• Develop and implement a financial strategy to ensure revenue meets the budgetary requirements of all programs
• Oversee the development and execution of grant proposals and reports with a long-term relationship-management approach
• Work with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and strategic approach
• Ensure that grants and reports are submitted accurately and on time
• Communicate regularly with the Finance team to manage grants and gifts
• Lead preparation of the Foundation’s annual report with the Chamber marketing and communications team
Data Aggregation, Monitoring, and Reporting
• Oversee all data entry including gift processing and management of the database
• Work with Technology consultant creation of website donation portals and mobile giving
• Create dashboard for weekly and monthly review of fundraising goals; analyzes trends and gaps
• Prepare monthly fundraising reports for the President and CEO, VP of Finance and Board
• Work with all staff on aggregating information of potential donors and funders, communicating said information with Chamber and PG Staff, Chamber Board for leads, and ensure such data is entered into database for timely follow-up
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following skills & experience:
• Five-plus years of demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing, and securing funds, especially major gifts
• An appreciation for building long-term economic prosperity and an equitable and inclusive business environment for women-, minority- and veteran-owned businesses
• Ample experience with database or other CRMs that are required
• Outstanding project management and organizational skills, with the necessary attention to detail for driving complex, multi-faceted projects forward and on time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials
• Exceptional ability to plan and prioritize multiple cross-regional/functional demands by exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others
• Excellent customer-service skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include a couple of nights per month and rare weekends
• Ability to travel approximately 5% – 10% of the time
PERKS & BENEFITS
In addition to the great work-place culture, the Gwinnett Chamber boasts perks and benefits that lead the industry:
• Development – We want to attract the best and the brightest! As such, we invest in our employees by providing professional development opportunities as well as facilitating Professional Development Plans.
• Flex PTO – You can’t pour from an empty cup. We work with you to ensure a proper work/life balance without sacrificing job performance.
• Remote Work – Though in-person work is paramount to the success of our relationship-based organization, we do offer flexible work options at the discretion of each department head based on tenure and results.
• Healthcare – The Gwinnett Chamber cares about your wellness and is proud to pay 100% of dental, health, life, and vision insurance premiums for the individual employee. We also offer a $20/mo. self-care benefit.
• Family – Family Matters. As such, maternity, paternity, foster, and adoption leave is provided.
• Merit Pay – All full-time employees are eligible for an annual merit increase, dependent on accomplishment of defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and overall financial health of the organization.
• Cell Phone – Reimbursement of up to $50 per month. It all adds up.
• 401K – 401K Match up to 4% – We invest in both your present and your future.
• Gas South Arena Tickets – when available and subject to managerial approval.
• Security Protection – Professional and personal subscription to Keeper cybersecurity platform that protects passwords.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should email cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.