- Reports to: Vice President of Economic Development
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Experience: Not Required | Entry-Level Position
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Required Travel: Local
- Salary: Negotiable
About the Position
At Partnership Gwinnett, we are seeking an experienced, solutions-driven event coordinator to manage all aspects of event planning, production, implementation, and execution, from concept through completion of our extraordinarily successful detailed events that drive business, drive talent, drive community and most importantly, drive the future! The event coordinator also supports the marketing, project management and other multifunctional Partnership Gwinnett teams.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, enthusiastic, creative, meticulous, and ingenuity to support an environment that drives business, dedicated to providing superb client service at every turn. This role demands an expert in all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, including cost containment, venue scouting, equipment logistics, room setup, and best practices. This person must also have excellent leadership skills and an ability to collaborate with team members on responsibilities to meet expectations for quality. The best candidate for our organization is an event planner who can manage the daily details and use big picture thinking to ensure utterly unique experiences. With communication and customer service at the forefront, this position will support the event coordination of multiple signature events, task forces, and council meetings each year as well as closing out the event and managing profit and loss statements.
Objectives of this role
- Manage all aspects of event planning, meet strict deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts while crafting and implementing the creative and logistical aspects of all events.
- Remain current (or ahead of the curve) with trends in event planning, design, and production, and proactively identify and solve operational challenges.
- Establish procedures and cross-train staff to execute them.
- Comply with legal, insurance, health, and safety regulations always.
- Coordinate with internal staff, clients, and vendors to establish the requirements for an event, and serve as liaison throughout the planning process.
- Locate resources, visit sites, and lead pre-event meetings to help staff make decisions about event design.
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest contact lists, venue preparation, food and beverages, invitations, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, decor, and marketing materials.
- Oversee client experiences from conception through post-event review; manage on-site preparations, production, and event breakdown; and ensure consistent, high-level service throughout all phases.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive database of industry contacts, vendors, and venues, reporting and tracking of event attendance.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise on event day.
Required skills and qualifications.
- Proven success in event planning or coordination
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in building and maintaining positive business relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle pressure and make good decisions quickly.
Preferred skills and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in event management or related discipline
- Experience in marketing or public relations
- Proficient with EMS or Cvent event management software
- Flexibility for domestic travel, as needed.
- Adept in using Constant Contact and/or Atlas, online digital marketing platforms.
Apply for Job
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Marlene Fosque, Vice President of Economic Development.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug-Free Workplace, and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.