With more businesses choosing to call Gwinnett home, the Gwinnett Chamber conducts more than 60 ribbon-cutting, ground-breaking and grand-opening celebrations each year. The Gwinnett GRAND OPENING (“GO”) Team is a set of designated volunteers who help new and expanding businesses conduct ribbon cuttings and grand openings. Team members serve as mentors, cheerleaders and advisors—while at the same time making important business connections.
The After Hours program consists of 8 networking functions per year, typically held on the third Thursday of each month, from 5-7 p.m.
This is a unique opportunity for you and other members of your staff, to:
- Easily get involved in an impactful way
- Greet businesses as they open their doors in our community
- Meet new Chamber members
- Support and celebrate local businesses at their ribbon cutting and grand opening events
Who is Eligible?
Any active Chamber member is eligible to serve on a team, so the sooner you get involved, the more connections you make.
How Does It Work and What is Expected?
- Your participation is vital but your time commitment will be minimal.
- Volunteers can select where they would like to participate from pre-designated areas within the county.
- Ribbon cuttings are coordinated through the Chamber. When scheduled, volunteers in that area are invited via a calendar invitation. Volunteers are asked to RSVP to this invitation.
- Chamber staff will bring or coordinate ceremonial supplies (ribbon, scissors, etc.).
- On the day of the event, volunteers are asked to:
- Wear their volunteer name badge (provided upon joining the committee).
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the designated time, and let the Chamber staff member know you have arrived.
- Find the new member contact, introduce yourself, and let them know you are a fellow Chamber member and “GO” Team volunteer.
To apply, please fill out the form below: