Gwinnett Chamber members and staff took time out of the busy work week to give back to the Gwinnett community on Friday, May 17. Chamber Gives Back brought together more than 100 volunteers to spring clean McDaniel Farm Park in Duluth. In just a few hours, the group accomplished quite a bit, including:
* Over 20 pallets of river rock were placed on the historic side of the park, which equals close to 20 tons of rock!
* Planted 40 shrubs that are favorites for pollinators and an important food source for wildlife.
* Planted 47 flowering pollinator-attracting perennial flowers.
* Distributed seven dumpster loads of mulch around the new pollinator garden and trails.
* Removed three truck beds of privet and other invasive plant material from our trails and the pollinator garden site.
* Assisted with continued beautification efforts on both the park and historic side by picking up litter, removing three, five-gallon buckets of trash from the playground area and parking lot.