The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in Gwinnett County and helping business thrive in the region. You will assist, plan, coordinate, and help market all the programs in the Program & Events Department.
- Managing and coordinating logistics for these programs/events including marketing and publicity duties, customer service, and selling sponsorships.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors, local agencies and committees; submitting and managing program budgets.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement tactical project plans, including event programs, trade show activities, and meetings
- Negotiate contracts and maintains relationships with vendors, local agencies/officials, and community committees
- Compile estimated cost models, submits final budget, tracks budget statistics, and prepares management reports
- Make space reservations for events/programs, and coordinate logistics associated with programs/events
- Manage all aspects of program events including recruitment, selection, sponsorships, planning and implementing of the events
- Assist with marketing and social media
- Sets up meeting and event schedules, organize materials, review itineraries, and book venues and services
- Assist in creation of internal and external promotional pieces
- Coordinate registration and payment procedures, promotional advertising and mailings, and corporate sponsorship activities
- Assist members in connecting Chamber members to programs, services and involvement opportunities that meet their needs
- Prepare reports and assist with database management in WebLink
- Organize required catering services, room and equipment setup.
- Manage on-site staffing and registration
- Assist in budget preparation. Assist in raising funds
- Assist Senior Vice President of Programs & Events when required.
- Assist with Board of Directors when needed
- Assist with administrative needs of department
- Assist with other program managers when required
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs for improvement and adjust accordingly
- Provides project status updates
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office Professional applications, mobile apps, and social media outlets
- Established people management and interpersonal relationship-building skills with the ability to publicly speak and present comfortably
- Must be flexible regarding job responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with constantly changing work demands
- Excellent written, grammatical and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously as well as manage people to effectively motivate and produce quality results: Bachelor’s Degree
All qualified applicant should submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. The Gwinnett Chamber is EOE, a Drug-Free Workplace, and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.