The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in Gwinnett County and helping business thrive in the region. You will assist, plan, coordinate, and help market all the programs in the Program & Events Department.
- Managing and coordinating logistics for these programs/events including marketing and publicity duties, customer service, and selling sponsorships.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors, local agencies and committees; submitting and managing program budgets.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement tactical project plans, including event programs, trade show activities, and meetings
- Negotiate contracts and maintains relationships with vendors, local agencies/officials, and community committees
- Compile estimated cost models, submits final budget, tracks budget statistics, and prepares management reports
- Make space reservations for events/programs, and coordinate logistics associated with programs/events
- Manage all aspects of program events including recruitment, selection, sponsorships, planning and implementing of the events
- Assist with marketing and social media
- Sets up meeting and event schedules, organize materials, review itineraries, and book venues and services
- Assist in creation of internal and external promotional pieces
- Coordinate registration and payment procedures, promotional advertising and mailings, and corporate sponsorship activities
- Assist members in connecting Chamber members to programs, services and involvement opportunities that meet their needs
- Prepare reports and assist with database management in WebLink
- Organize required catering services, room and equipment setup.
- Manage on-site staffing and registration
- Assist in budget preparation. Assist in raising funds
- Assist Senior Vice President of Programs & Events when required.
- Assist with Board of Directors when needed
- Assist with administrative needs of department
- Assist with other program managers when required
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs for improvement and adjust accordingly
- Provides project status updates
- This job does require sitting, stooping, kneeling, lifting, standing, walking, etc. for long periods of time.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office Professional applications, mobile apps, and social media outlets
- Established people management and interpersonal relationship-building skills with the ability to publicly speak and present comfortably
- Must be flexible regarding job responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with constantly changing work demands
- Excellent written, grammatical and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously as well as manage people to effectively motivate and produce quality results
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
Please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
No phone calls, please. Due to the high number of applicants, we will not be able to contact everyone.
The Gwinnett Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.