The Senior Director of Small Business Services will be a dynamic leader who is self-directed and motivated to help achieve the mission of the Gwinnett Chamber by developing, implementing and providing programs and services that will enhance the expansion of small business in the Greater Gwinnett area. This position has no direct reports.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with small businesses to determine programming that is needed within the Gwinnett business community. Also, they must be able to play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships between the Chamber and individual businesses. Core responsibilities will include driving our Buy in Gwinnett shop local programs in Shop in Gwinnett and Dine in Gwinnett. Other responsibilities will include working with Chamber selected programs that offer benefits to our small business members. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Membership Services.
- Creating and managing the small business development activities of the Gwinnett Chamber including Small Business Essentials panels, Small Business Bootcamps, Eat & Educates, Dine in Gwinnett and other small business programs
- Run our annual Pinnacle Small Business Awards program
- Participate with local SBDC and SCORE on development strategies on helping small businesses start, grow and thrive
- Meet with members and non-members helping to provide them with the necessary resources available to them for small businesses
- Provide referrals for businesses hoping to grow in the Gwinnett area
- Creation of a standalone Small Business Summit
- Responsible for preparing an annual budget for small business programming
- Recruit and develop volunteer members to provide small business service offerings to members and non-members throughout the Gwinnett community
- Preparation of weekly reporting for the Sr. Vice President, Membership Services
- Oversees and promotes the nominations for local businesses for regional, state and national recognition award to assist them in gaining recognition and exposure
- Initiate innovative strategies to develop new program offerings for member
- Grant writing – work with local, state and federal agencies on available resources that will help grow our small business offerings
- Minimum 5+ years experience
- BA or BS Degree
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter capable of taking initiative
- Proficient use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willing to work flexible hours
Please submit resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. NO phone calls please. Due to the high number of applicants, we will not be able to contact everyone that submits a resume.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and an E-Verify participant. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of drug screen, background and E-verify checks.