The Gwinnett Chamber recently hosted its second annual Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) Summit presented by Georgia Power. The SHRM- and HRCI-certified event welcomed 250 business professionals and community leaders at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta NE – Norcross to learn best practices and current trends related to equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Speakers addressed talent and business trends around Gwinnett’s 81% diversity index, a statistic that economists project the U.S. to reflect by the year 2040. Panel topics and speakers included:
Panel 1: Creating Equitable Access to Talent and Workforce Development
- Dr. Jeremy Bennett, Associate Dean, Stetson Hatcher School of Business, Mercer University
- Melissa Miller, Human Resources Business Partner, Heraeus
- Dr. Tommy Welch, Chief Equity and Compliance Officer, Gwinnett County Public Schools
Panel 2: Counting Your Success – How to Measure the Impact of DE&I Initiatives
- Carl Hill, Director – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
- Dr. Aby Parsons, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager, Georgia Power
- Natalie Williams, Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Verizon
Aisha DeBerry, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager for Gas South moderated the panels and Gwinnett County District 4 Commissioner Marlene Fosque delivered a strong closing address challenging attendees to continue the conversation. For more information on the Chamber’s initiatives and events, please visit www.gwinnettchamber.org/events.