- Reports to: Vice President of Membership Development
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Experience: Not Required | Entry-Level Position
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Required Travel: Local
- Salary: Negotiable
About the Position
Our Mission: To champion business.
Our Vision: The Gwinnett Chamber will be the leading advocate and innovative resource for businesses to connect and thrive.
Join a team that serves more than 2,000 members throughout metro Atlanta by delivering programs that strengthen and connect businesses locally, regionally and globally.
Job Description: Our Membership Development Managers (MDMs) work with businesses across the region to help them grow their network by engaging them as members. The compensation offers a draw/commission structure along with a competitive benefit package.
Entry-level position with opportunity to grow a professional network while making connections to businesses throughout the greater Gwinnett region. Responsibilities center around growing the Gwinnett Chamber’s membership base through recruitment of new companies to the organization. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, energetic, have excellent attention to detail, enjoy multitasking and be problem solvers who can handle challenges with a smile and positive attitude.
- Recruit, onboard, retain, and service new members
- Develop member engagement plans with Chamber members
- Connect and build rapport with key decision-makers to make high-volume sales calls
- Multi-task job responsibilities on a consistent basis
- Attend Chamber events before, during, and after office hours
- Identify opportunities for recruiting sponsorships to Chamber functions
- Solid organization skills
- Goal-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in-office, but under generously flexible conditions
- Self-starter capable of taking initiative
- Bilingual preferred (English + Spanish)
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should complete the form at left and attach a cover letter and resume.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug-Free Workplace, and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.